This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the Best Wire Feed Welder.
We would recommend using Lincoln Electric K2278-1 Handy Core as it is our top pick for you.
The job of a wire feed welder is to weld metal together by melting the two pieces and then moving them along until they are correctly fused.
A lot of people think that welding involves just one person. Still, it takes three: an operator who moves the torch around, a groundworker who controls which side to connect with electricity from above, and another ground worker who supports the workpiece on both sides, so there’s no need for clamps.
The process sounds complicated at first glance, but after some practice, you’ll be able to do it in your sleep.
This type of welding has been around since World War II and is still popular today because it can create solid joints without gaps or holes!
The Best Wire Feed Welder
Wire Feed Welder, a new welding method for the 21st Century.
This article will discuss how differences in welders and wire feed welders have been minimized, so too has their price differential.
As such, there is no longer any need for you to sacrifice quality or performance if your budget can only afford one of these machines.
With that said, let’s look at the different functions each machine offers and decide which suits your needs best!
read Next – Lincoln Electric K2278-1 Handy Core
Lincoln Electric K2278-1 Handy Core
- Welds up to 1/8 in. mild steel.
- Plugs into household 115V, 20 amp outlet
- One year warranty on parts and labor.
- Easy to set even for novice users
- Compact, portable and lightweight
Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder 115V
- 5-position voltage control selector adds a smooth, stable arc at all welding thicknesses
- Welds 24 gauge up to 1/4 in mild steel; Weldable Materials: Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminum
- Welding Processes: MIG(GMAW), Flux Cored(FCAW)
- Operates off 115V standard household current; Wire Feed Speed Range 40-700 IPM, 50-740 IPM at no load
- Welding Amperage Range: 25-140 A; 20% duty cycle @ 90 Amps, 19V
TOOLIOM 135A MIG Welder 110V Flux MIG/Lift TIG/Stick 3-in-1 Weding Machine IGBT DC Inverter
- Weld up to .030"(0.8mm) and .035" (0.9mm)with flux core wire.Can Handle E7018 basic electrode.
- Powered By Standard 110(120V) Household Current.
- Multi-functions in one machine:Suitable for MMA,Lift Tig,Flux Mig.Can weld stainless steel and carbon steel.
- Big enough to handle 2 pounds rolls of wire.
- Powerful Machine:Up to 135A output current that can weld mild steel up to 1/8 inch (3.0mm) plate.
TOOLIOM 200A MIG Welder 3 in 1 Flux MIG / Solid Wire / Lift TIG / Stick Welder 110 / 220V Dual Voltage Welding Machine
- Synergic Adjustment Function (Software Control):Current and voltage values are intelligent automated matched(voltage value not displayed), more easier for entry level welders.
- Multi-functions in one machine: Suitable for MMA, Lift TIG, flux MIG, gas MIG
- Powerful Machine: Up to 200A output current that can weld mild up to 5/32 inch (4.0mm) plate.
- Big enough to apply to 2 and 10 pounds rolls of wire. Ready to feed .030"(0.8mm) with solid core wire, and .035" (0.9mm)with flux core wire.Can Handle E7018 basic electrode.
- Dual voltage input design: Welding machine can be plugged into 110（120）V / 220(230)V dual voltage (Automatic fitting).
VIVOHOME MIG Welder 130 Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding Machine Portable No Gas 110V DIY Home Welder w/Free Mask Yellow
$149.99 in stock
- NO REACTION WELDER - With convenient flux-cored wire to self-release metal inert gas while welding, this welding machine prevents oxidation of the welded part; A great choice for home repairs and hobby projects on light gauge steel
- WELDING PROCESS - This welding machine is particularly well-suited for projects of mild steel and stainless steel; It delivers a professional finish for any thin steel welding or auto body work you may need, being powerful and efficient
- ADJUSTABLE WELDING SPEED – The VIVOHOME MIG Welder features 4x current flow settings; Adjust the current and 10-speed variable feed controls for perfectly managed flux-cored welding of thin steel, stainless or aluminum sheet metal, or even thicker steel
- PORTABLE DESIGN - Lightweight and compact design, with a comfortable hand grip that makes it easy to carry wherever you want; It only weighs 34.6 lbs., so you can effortlessly take it as far as you can
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED – The VIVOHOME MIG Welder package includes all the accessories you need to weld like a pro: 1x welding gun with on/off safety control; 1x grounding clamp; 1x welding helmet; 1x wire welding brush; and several other small accessories
Forney Easy Weld 261, 140 FC-i Welder, 120V, Green
1 used from $199.95
- EASY TO USE-140 FC-I MIG machine uses 0.30, flux core wire. It has infinite voltage and wire feed speed control so you can dial in the perfect weld! Perfect entry level welder
- POWERFUL- Up to 140 Amp output that allows you to weld mild steel up to 1/4 in plate
- PORTABLE WELDER- Lightweight 19 lbs. easily carried to any Do-It-Yourself, Maintenance, Repair, Metal Fabrication and Hobbyist project
- RUGGED- All metal case, Built to take the day to day. Big enough to handle 2 and 10 pound rolls of wire
- WELDER INCLUDES- 8' MIG gun, 8' ground clamp, Integrated handle with torch wrap and a 20A-15A adapter. Backed by a 12-month warranty
Read Next – Best MIG Welding Machine