One of the finest welding kits for the novice is the Lincoln Electric K2278-1 Handy Core.
It is quite popular, which is expected to strike a fine balance among pricing and features.
- 1 Features Lincoln Electric Handy Core
- 2 Cheap Flux Core Welder Testing – With Cut and Etch
- 2.1 Lincoln Electric K2278-1 Handy Core
- 2.2 Forney Easy Weld 261, 140 FC-i Welder, 120V, Green
- 2.3 Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder
- 2.4 Hobart 500572 Handler 100
- 2.5 LINCOLN ELECTRIC CO K1170 AC225, 60Hz Arc Welder,
- 2.6 Lincoln Electric Easy MIG 180 Flux-Core/MIG Welder
- 2.7 Lincoln Electric Weld Pak 125 HD Wire-Feed Welder
- 2.8 LINCOLN ELECTRIC CO K2697-1 Easy MIG 140 Wire Feed Welder,
- 2.9 NewPosition MIG/MAG/MMA 3-in-1 Welder, 160A Stick ARC Welding Machine, Flux Core Welder, Gas/Gasless IGBT Inverter,110V
Features Lincoln Electric Handy Core
Speaking of functionalities, this welder has tailored flux-cored and MIG welding.
This makes it ideal for simple home repair jobs and light gauge from twenty-four gauge to 1/8”.
During our testing, we found this Lincoln Electric K2278-1 Handy Core to be very user-friendly.
The only drawback is that it lacks a few of the features you will find in higher-priced models. This entails aspects such as more power setting and a huge wire feed speed control.
Still, it provides a fine power output of 88A. While this mightn’t be as high as other welders, it is enough for small jobs. You also get four voltage settings to work with.
If you examine it to the highest setting, you can weld the thickest metals. Lower volts levels are made for thinner metals.
In fact, the company has gone as far as incorporating a chart on the inner section of the welder.
This shows every volt setting and the corresponding metal thickness.
This Lincoln Electric K2278-1 Handy Core also sports a duty cycle of 20 percent at 70 amps.
It is made to operate on a low input voltage of about 115V. The advantage of this feature is that you will be able to use it with any indoor outlet.
On the downside, this machine implies that the welder should not be used with the more powerful remote site power outlets.
- The fan cooling system makes sure the welder does not overheat
- Has a cold contractor safety function
- great value for the money
- the chart to guide you on setting and perfect metal thickness
- Limited voltage settings
Read Next – Eastwood MIG/TIG Plasma Welding Cart
Cheap Flux Core Welder Testing – With Cut and Etch
Read Next – Super Deal Pro MIG Welding Machine