If you have reached this page because you have decided to buy a TIG welding machine or need more information to choose from, you are in the best possible place!
Before you start, you should know that TIG welding can be as tricky as rewarding.
And it is that the TIG welding allows producing authentic pieces of art with clean welds.
But to get to this point, you must have a lot of patience, put in many hours of practice, and of course, a good TIG welding machine.
Here we show you the best we have found, and then we will continue explaining different points that you should keep in mind.
What is a TIG Welding Machine?
It is an electric arc welding process established between a tungsten electrode and the part to be welded under the protection of an inert gas displaces the air – eliminating the possibility of welding contamination oxygen-nitrogen present in the atmosphere.
Its main feature is to offer high-quality welding in all metals, including the most complicated to join, as it is also recommended to join metals of thin thicknesses.
If you need higher performance and a high-quality finish, it is necessary to use the TIG welder to achieve homogeneous, good-looking welds and a completely smooth finish.
The best TIG Inverter welder of 2022
Stanley – Inverter TIG 460181 Welding Equipment
We have also included this welder in selecting the best Inverter welders, and it is a magnificent welder. It is complete and versatile equipment, with the MMA and TIG options, and as for this last function, it has light lift technology.
The performance of the welder is perfect. It has 230 V, 50/60 Hz, and 16 A. And it is also very resistant and can be used even in unfavorable environments.
It comes in a robust case that protects it from the blows it can suffer, and the only disadvantage that we find from this page is the length of the cables and the clamp since they are a bit short.
And well, the instructions it brings will not get you out of any trouble, but we believe that you will not need them. In short, it is an excellent purchase without a doubt.
The best cheap TIG Inverter welding machine of 2022
Tigmig – TIG DC TM 200 Inverter Welder
It is a TIG welding machine that can be bought for a little more than 200 $. It is the best among the cheapest in the market.
The following stand out among its main features: 230 V supply, 50/60 Hz frequency, current setting between 10 and 220 A, with dimensions of 440 x 259 x 360 mm and a weight of 9 kg.
This welder can be used for high-frequency TIG welding like MMA, which makes it very versatile.
And it is a welder with an excellent and reliable arc (it has HF function for precise arc starting), recommended for amateurs and professionals.
Besides, it comes with many accessories, such as a brush, mask with glass, etc., so you do not miss anything when starting welding.
However, the most damaging thing about the welder is the quality of the accessories that this TIG welder brings.
The cables, the electrode holder, the TIG torch, etc.
They are of poor quality. But you may be enough to start.
TIG welding machine brands
TIG welding, what is a TIG welding machine for?
First of all, we must know what TIG welding is. Tungsten arc welding with gas (GTAW), or TIG welding, was invented in 1941 to weld aluminum and magnesium to join light alloys used in aircraft manufacturing.
The TIG welding process
The TIG welding process uses an electric torch with a tungsten electrode to supply the current to the welding arc.
A filler bar is manually fed into the weld pool, while the torch is held with the other hand. Both are protected and cooled by inert argon gas.
The heat can be controlled while welding, either by an accelerator pedal on a bench machine or by remote control with a finger’s tip on a hand torch.
Advantages of using the TIG welding machine
- Obtaining strings that are more resistant and less sensitive to corrosion, about the rest of the procedures,
- The TIG welding machine benefits from emanating a non-harmful gas to the atmospheric layer, which allows obtaining clean and uniform welds while protecting the environment.
- The cord obtained superficially can be improved with simple finishing operations, which favors production costs.
TIG Welding Electrodes
The TIG process uses six different electrodes to transfer the welding arc to the metal parts. So it is essential to select the electrode well:
- Pure tungsten electrodes are affordable and provide a stable arc over aluminum and magnesium with a spherical tip.
- Thoriated electrodes are the most common because thorium mixes with Tungsten to form a more vital electrode tip. This tip remains sharp and lasts longer than the previous one. To work with electrodes of this type, you need to have good ventilation and take safety measures since it has a little radioactivity.
- Cemented electrodes are used chiefly for low amperage projects and small parts.
- Lantanados electrodes are very versatile and work on AC and DC machines. They provide stable arcs and work well in low currents.
- Zirconium electrodes are used in AC projects where a robust electrode resistant to contamination is needed.
- Rare earth electrodes offer a stable arc for AC and DC projects and last longer.
What electrodes to use in a TIG welding machine?
These must ensure proper priming and maintenance of the electric arc.
They are composed of Tungsten. The main character is their melting point between 3,400 and 4,000 degrees Celsius, making them a little consumable.
The most commonly used diameters are:
TIG welders feature to consider
It would help not chooschoosemachine simply for the price since limiting the application can result in higher costs in the medium term.
It is best to select it based on its performance and, depending on the specific tasks performed.
Before choosing a TIG welding machine, you must take into account some features that we show you below:
The amperage range is one of the variables that define the application. That is, the best TIG welder will be the one that allows the highest amperage range at the lowest cost.
The higher the amperage, the more versatility the welder will offer. And it is that a versatile TIG welder can weld any piece, from one of ¼” aluminum to 24 gauge steel.
In addition to this, a good TIG welding machine also has to have good performance at low amperage.
AC / DC capacity
Another feature that your TIG welder must have is the ability to work in both AC and DC.
To weld other materials, the TIG welder must offer both direct current (DC) and AC alternating current options) The alternating current is used in soft metals such as aluminum and magnesium, while direct current is used for hard materials such as steel, stainless steel, and copper.
Heat control and duty cycle
A TIG welding machine’s last two essential features are heat control and the duty cycle.
The heat control allows you to work with delicate materials without burning them, and a good work cycle enables the welder to work for a long time at any amperage.
Differences Between TIG and MIG Welding Machine
Like everything in this life, everyone has their preferences, and as in this case, each one prefers a welder or another according to personal tastes.
But even if it’s a matter of taste, some differences between welders must be taken into account:
- The first difference is the welding process. The welding TIG (inert gas of Tungsten) uses a long welding rod fed to a welding puddle. MIG (metallic inert gas) welding is done by constantly providing wire in the weld.
- The hands you need to work with the welder is another factor. A MIG machine allows you to weld with one hand, while a TIG welder, you will need both hands, leaving you without any free hands. This, although it seems not very important, is vital for some since there are people who like to have a free hand to hold the piece.
- Speed and welding finish. The TIG welder is very slow. The finish you get is perfect, and you don’t need to do any cleaning, but to weld large surfaces, the MIG welder is much faster. This, on the other hand, covers much more surface area at more incredible speed, but the finish is not so fine.
- The size of the pieces. This point is a bit related to the previous point. The TIG welder is perfect for shorter sections and more delicate materials, while the MIG welder is for a strong weld that holds a more significant piece.
As you can see, the TIG welding machine is very indispensable for its versatility when joining any material. In simple terms, it is usually used when the manufacturer needs to achieve quality and good welding finish.
If you think that yours is MIG welding, you can see the best MIG welders in this article.
TOP 5 Best TIG Welders 2022 💥 Best TIG Welders 💥
DEKOPRO 110/220V MMA Welder,160A ARC Welder Machine IGBT Digital Display LCD Hot Start Welder with Electrode Holder,Work Clamp, Input Power Adapter Cable and Brush
5 used from $112.93
YESWELDER Digital MIG-205DS MIG Welder,200Amp 110/220V Dual Voltage, Gas Gasless MIG Welding Machine MIG/Lift TIG/ARC 3 in 1 Welder
2020 Weldpro 200 Amp Inverter Multi Process Welder with Dual Voltage 220V/110V Mig/Tig/Arc Stick 3 in 1 welder/welding machine
$815.00 in stock