This article will talk about electric welding machines, their features, and their advantages. We will also help you find the best electric welding machine to cover all your needs.
Before we begin, we must clarify two types of electric welders on the market: traditional electric welding equipment and inverter welding equipment.
In this article, we will talk about traditional welding equipment.
In this article, we explain each of their differences, advantages, and disadvantages.
The best conventional electric welding machines of 2022
Einhell- Conventional electric welder BT- EW 200
The BT-EW 200 V electric soldering iron is a compact and practical device used for any welding job.
It works with a welding current between 57 A and 200 A and can be used with 2 and 4-mm electrodes. The wind is fully controllable to adjust to any work you need.
Also, a fan and a thermostat help regulate the device’s temperature for longer work.
In short, and seeing Amazon buyers’ excellent opinions, he is a great welder, robust, efficient, and with significant autonomy that will not give you any problems.
A 100% recommended German product.
Read Next – Eastwood 3-Tier MIG Welding Cart.
Telwin Eurarc 322 – Traditional MMA electrode welding machine
This traditional Telwin electric soldering iron is incredibly reliable.
It is an arc welding station equipped with wheels to transport it more efficiently, and the welder weighs 37 kilograms.
This is one of the most significant disadvantages of conventional welding machines.
It is a welder with ventilation for welding to MMA electrodes in alternating current and can be used with common and primary electrodes.
It is our best recommendation if you are looking for a conventional welding machine since it is a very safe machine with excellent durability at a price that is a bit high.
Read Next – Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder
Telwin Nordika 2160 – Traditional MMA electrode welding machine
This conventional welder is of the same brand as the previous one, it is a Telwin, and it is the only brand with traditional online welders we have found.
Anyway, it is an excellent brand with excellent reliability.
Compared to the previous one, although it is not such a powerful welding machine, it has some significant advantages that should be highlighted: its weight of 17.2 kg (20 kg less than the previous welding station) and the price, since this is relatively more affordable.
You need an electric welding machine if you do not want to leave so much money on a welding machine.
Read Next – Best Welding Helmets 2022 – Review And Buying Guide
Other traditional electric welding machines available on Amazon
If you’re going to see more welders of this type, follow this link:
Conventional electric welding equipment
Traditional electric welding machines have been on the market for many years. Although the appearance of inverter electric welding machines ceased to be relevant for many, they remain the best option for many people.
Conventional electric welding equipment is composed of the following elements:
- Welding Machine: The most important. It is the element that provides the necessary energy.
- Ground or neutral wire: The wire that connects the part with the electrode
- Electrode holder cable: This cable goes from the winding to the piece.
- Electrode holder: Here is the electrode that is used for welding.
- Electrode: It is the rod that is used for welding.
- Power cable: It is the electrical connection cable.
- Amperage regulator handles: With this handle, you can adjust the amps according to what we need.
- On and off button: We connect or disconnect the machine from the power outlet with this button.
- Voltage regulation button: This allows the machine voltage to be regulated.
- Connection of earth cables and electrode holder cable: Cable that joins the winding with the piece.
Read Next – Best Welding Helmets Under $50 – Our Buying Guide (2022 Edition)
Electric welding, how does an electric welding machine work?
Although there are different types of electric welding (laser welding, for example, of them), arc welding is mainly used.
The power supply is an alternating electric current (in the continuous inverter), reaching our plugs between 220 V and 440 V.
However, this is excessive for welding, so a transformer causes this voltage to decrease. They also have a rectifier to stabilize the energy and not fluctuate so much.
Thus, this transformer and rectifier assembly reduces the voltage between 7V and 44V and then rectifies the energy, passing it from alternating current (AC) to direct current (DC), with an intensity between 30 and 1500 A.
Once the proper voltage and amperage are achieved, an electric arc is created between the metal to be welded and the electrode. This causes the electrode to melt, and the two elements are joined with tiny droplets (welding beads).
Finally, the slag remains are removed once it cools, either with a metal brush or a small hammer.
Read Next – Eastwood MIG/TIG Plasma Welding Cart
Read Next – DEWALT DWST11556 WorkBench
Advantages of a conventional electric welding machine
Are you in doubt about buying a traditional electric welding machine or not? Here we tell you the benefits they entail:
- Much more durable devices. The conventional welding machines’ mechanism is much simpler than inverters; therefore, they last much longer.
- Less investment: The mechanism is more straightforward, makes them less damaged and makes cheaper repairs. Therefore, in the long term, the investment is much smaller.
- They work well in dirty environments. They are perfect for dirty environments and do not need transport.
Read Next – Lincoln Electric Traditional MIG Welding Gloves
Disadvantages of traditional electric welding machines
After seeing the advantages, we also have to warn you of the weaknesses so that you can make the best decision for yourself:
- Transportation is much more difficult. Although they are usually transportable, since most have wheels, they can weigh around 30 kilos, which is ten times what an inverter welder weighs.
- The finish is not so precise. Although they have a rectifier, stabilizing the electric arc is often not easy, so the final work finish is not so polished.
- You can’t weld so many materials. On the other hand, a conventional welding machine is enough if you use the device only for welding iron and steel.
- Difficulty working in narrow places. As we have said, traditional electric welding machines are larger and heavier, so they can be an impediment depending on your work space.
Read Next – Best Lincoln Electric Welding Machine Buying Guide
TOP 5 Best Portable Welding Machines 2022 💥 Best Portable Welders
Read Next – Best MIG Welding Machine 2023 – Buyer Guide and Review
DEKOPRO 110/220V MMA Welder,160A ARC Welder Machine IGBT Digital Display LCD Hot Start Welder with Electrode Holder,Work Clamp, Input Power Adapter Cable and Brush
$129.99 in stock
4 used from $121.05
Forney Easy Weld 261, 140 FC-i MIG Welder, 120V, Green
$239.99 in stock
Lincoln Electric K2278-1 Handy Core
YESWELDER ARC Welder 125Amp Digital Inverter IGBT Stick MMA Welder,110/220V Dual Voltage Hot Start Portable Welding Machine
$97.99 in stock
3 used from $83.65
Forney Easy Weld 298 Arc Welder 100ST, 120-Volt, 90-Amp,Green
$219.63 in stock
TOOLIOM 195A 110/220V Stick Welder ARC Welding Machine DC Inverter Welder Dual Voltage MMA Welder Digital Display
Goplus MIG 130 Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding Machine
Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder
TACKLIFE Electric Welder, MIG/MMA Welding Machine 20A-140A with Welding Wire, Advanced IGBT Inverter Technology, Digital display, Multifunction Adjustable Welding Current and Voltage EWT01A
Goplus 250 AMP MMA Welder ARC Welding Machine 110V/ 220V Soldering Accessories Tools
Super Deal PRO Commercial MIG 130 AC Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welder Welding Machine w/Free Mask 110V
SUNGOLDPOWER ARC MMA 200A Welder Dual 110V 220V IGBT Hot Start Welding Machine DC Inverter Welder 200 AMP LCD Anti-Stick
YESWELDER ARC Welder 165Amp Digital Inverter IGBT Stick MMA Welder,110/220V Dual Voltage Hot Start ARC Force Portable Welding Machine
$98.99 in stock
ARC Welder Mini, Cuwiny ARC200D 110v/220v IGBT Inverter Welding Machine, Maximum 140A MMA/Stick, Dual Voltage with High Frequency Duty Cycle Digital Display Welding.
Amico ARC-160D, 160 Amp Stick ARC IGBT Inverter DC Welder 115/230 Dual Voltage Welding Soldering
Welder No Gas MIG Welder 160Amp 110V Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Easy Weld Welding Machine for Beginners IGBT DC Inverter
DEKOPRO 110/220V MMA Welder, 200A ARC Welder Machine Electrode Holder,Work Clamp, Input Power Adapter Cable and Brush
Read Next – Best Welding Cart Buying Guide