This article will talk about electric welding machines, all the features, and the advantages they have, and we will also help you find the best electric welding machine to cover all your needs.
Before we begin, we must clarify two types of electric welders on the market: traditional electric welding equipment and inverter welding equipment.
In this article, we will talk about traditional welding equipment.
In this article, we explain the differences and advantages, and disadvantages of each of them are.
- 1 The best conventional electric welding machines of 2021
- 2 Other traditional electric welding machines available on Amazon
- 3 Conventional electric welding equipment
- 4 Electric welding, how does an electric welding machine work?
- 5 Advantages of a conventional electric welding machine
- 6 Disadvantages of traditional electric welding machines
- 7 TOP 5 Best Portable Welding Machines 2021 💥 Best Portable Welders
- 7.1 DEKOPRO 110/220V MMA Welder,160A ARC Welder Machine IGBT Digital Display LCD Hot Start Welder with Electrode Holder,Work Clamp, Input Power Adapter Cable and Brush
- 7.2 Forney Easy Weld 261, 140 FC-i MIG Welder, 120V, Green
- 7.3 Lincoln Electric K2278-1 Handy Core
- 7.4 YESWELDER ARC Welder 125Amp Digital Inverter IGBT Stick MMA Welder,110/220V Dual Voltage Hot Start Portable Welding Machine
- 7.5 Forney Easy Weld 298 Arc Welder 100ST, 120-Volt, 90-Amp,Green
- 7.6 TOOLIOM 195A 110/220V Stick Welder ARC Welding Machine DC Inverter Welder Dual Voltage MMA Welder Digital Display
- 7.7 Goplus MIG 130 Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding Machine
- 7.8 Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder
- 7.9 TACKLIFE Electric Welder, MIG/MMA Welding Machine 20A-140A with Welding Wire, Advanced IGBT Inverter Technology, Digital display, Multifunction Adjustable Welding Current and Voltage EWT01A
- 7.10 Goplus 250 AMP MMA Welder ARC Welding Machine 110V/ 220V Soldering Accessories Tools
- 7.11 Super Deal PRO Commercial MIG 130 AC Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welder Welding Machine w/Free Mask 110V
- 7.12 SUNGOLDPOWER ARC MMA 200A Welder Dual 110V 220V IGBT Hot Start Welding Machine DC Inverter Welder 200 AMP LCD Anti-Stick
- 7.13 YESWELDER ARC Welder 165Amp Digital Inverter IGBT Stick MMA Welder,110/220V Dual Voltage Hot Start ARC Force Portable Welding Machine
- 7.14 ARC Welder Mini, Cuwiny ARC200D 110v/220v IGBT Inverter Welding Machine, Maximum 140A MMA/Stick, Dual Voltage with High Frequency Duty Cycle Digital Display Welding.
- 7.15 Amico ARC-160D, 160 Amp Stick ARC IGBT Inverter DC Welder 115/230 Dual Voltage Welding Soldering
- 7.16 Welder No Gas MIG Welder 160Amp 110V Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Easy Weld Welding Machine for Beginners IGBT DC Inverter
- 7.17 DEKOPRO 110/220V MMA Welder, 200A ARC Welder Machine Electrode Holder,Work Clamp, Input Power Adapter Cable and Brush
The best conventional electric welding machines of 2021
Einhell- Conventional electric welder BT- EW 200
The BT-EW 200 V electric soldering iron is a compact and practical device, which can be used for any welding job.
It works with a welding current between 57 A and 200 A and can be used with electrodes between 2 and 4 mm. The current is fully controllable to adjust to any work you need to do.
Also, a fan and a thermostat help regulate the temperature of the device for longer work.
In short, and seeing Amazon buyers’ excellent opinions, he is a great welder, robust, efficient, and with great autonomy that will not give you any problem.
A 100% recommended German product.
Read Next – Eastwood 3-Tier MIG Welding Cart
Telwin Eurarc 322 – Traditional MMA electrode welding machine
This traditional Telwin electric soldering iron is incredibly reliable.
It is an arc welding station equipped with wheels to transport it more easily, and the welder weighs 37 kilograms.
This is one of the biggest disadvantages of conventional welding machines.
It is a welder with ventilation for welding to MMA electrodes in alternating current and can be used with routine and basic electrodes.
It is our best recommendation if what you are looking for is a conventional welding machine since it is a very safe machine with great durability at a price that is a bit high.
Read Next – Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder
Telwin Nordika 2160 – Traditional MMA electrode welding machine
This conventional welder is of the same brand as the previous one, it is a Telwin, and it is the only brand with traditional online welders we have found.
Anyway, it is a great brand with great reliability.
Compared to the previous one, although it is not such a powerful welding machine, it has some important advantages that should be highlighted: its weight of 17.2 kg (20 kg less than the previous welding station) and the price, since this is quite more affordable.
If you do not want to leave so much money in a welding machine, you need an electric welding machine.
Other traditional electric welding machines available on Amazon
If you want to see more welders of this type, follow this link:
Conventional electric welding equipment
Traditional electric welding machines have been on the market for many years. Although with the appearance of inverter electric welding machines, they ceased to be relevant for many, they remain the best option for many people.
Conventional electric welding equipment is composed of the following elements:
- Welding Machine: The most important. It is the element that provides the necessary energy.
- Ground or neutral wire: The wire that connects the part with the electrode
- Electrode holder cable: This is the cable that goes from the winding to the piece.
- Electrode holder: Here is the electrode that is used for welding.
- Electrode: It is the rod that is used for welding.
- Power cable: It is the electrical connection cable.
- Amperage regulator handles: With this handle, you can adjust the amps according to what we need.
- On and off button: We connect or disconnect the machine from the power outlet with this button.
- Voltage regulation button: This allows the machine voltage to be regulated.
- Connection of earth cables and electrode holder cable: Cable that joins the winding with the piece.
Electric welding, how does an electric welding machine work?
Although there are different types of electric welding (laser welding, for example, one of them), the one mainly used is arc welding.
The power supply is an alternating electric current (in the continuous inverter), and it reaches our plugs between 220 V to 440 V.
However, this is excessive for welding, so a transformer causes this voltage to decrease. They also have a rectifier so that the energy is more stable and does not fluctuate so much.
Thus, this transformer and rectifier assembly reduces the voltage between 7V and 44V and then rectifies the energy, passing it from alternating current (AC) to direct current (DC), with an intensity between 30 and 1500 A.
Once the proper voltage and amperage are achieved, an electric arc is created between the metal to be welded and the electrode. This causes the electrode to melt, and with the small droplets of it (welding bead), the two elements are joined.
Finally, once it cools, the slag remains are removed, either with a metal brush or a small hammer.
Read Next – DEWALT DWST11556 WorkBench
Advantages of a conventional electric welding machine
Are you in doubt about buying a traditional electric welding machine or not? Here we tell you the advantages they entail:
- Much more durable machines. The conventional welding machines’ mechanism is much simpler than inverters, and therefore, they last much longer.
- Less investment: The mechanism is simpler, makes them less damaged, and cheaper repairs. Therefore, in the long term, the investment is much smaller.
- They work well in dirty environments. They are perfect to be in a dirty environment and do not need to transport them.
Disadvantages of traditional electric welding machines
After seeing the advantages, we also have to warn you of the disadvantages, so that you can make the best decision for yourself:
- Transportation is much more difficult. Although they are normally transportable, since most have some wheels for this, they can weigh around 30 kilos, which is 10 times what an inverter welder weighs.
- The finish is not so precise. Although they have a rectifier, stabilizing the electric arc often is not so easy, which means that the final work finish is not so polished.
- You can’t weld so many materials. On the other hand, if you use the machine only for welding iron and steel, a conventional welding machine is enough.
- Difficulty working in narrow places. As we have said, traditional electric welding machines are larger and heavier, so depending on the space you have to work, they can be an impediment.
TOP 5 Best Portable Welding Machines 2021 💥 Best Portable Welders
DEKOPRO 110/220V MMA Welder,160A ARC Welder Machine IGBT Digital Display LCD Hot Start Welder with Electrode Holder,Work Clamp, Input Power Adapter Cable and Brush
YESWELDER ARC Welder 125Amp Digital Inverter IGBT Stick MMA Welder,110/220V Dual Voltage Hot Start Portable Welding Machine
$129.99 in stock
TOOLIOM 195A 110/220V Stick Welder ARC Welding Machine DC Inverter Welder Dual Voltage MMA Welder Digital Display
3 used from $128.79
TACKLIFE Electric Welder, MIG/MMA Welding Machine 20A-140A with Welding Wire, Advanced IGBT Inverter Technology, Digital display, Multifunction Adjustable Welding Current and Voltage EWT01A
YESWELDER ARC Welder 165Amp Digital Inverter IGBT Stick MMA Welder,110/220V Dual Voltage Hot Start ARC Force Portable Welding Machine
$110.49 in stock
ARC Welder Mini, Cuwiny ARC200D 110v/220v IGBT Inverter Welding Machine, Maximum 140A MMA/Stick, Dual Voltage with High Frequency Duty Cycle Digital Display Welding.
1 used from $84.97